Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My sister gave me this recipe many years ago and it is now the only one I make.
Make and share this Summer Fruit Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large banana, sliced diagonally
- 1 pint blueberries, divided
- 2 large nectarines, sliced
- 1 pint strawberry, hulled and halved
- 1 cup watermelon balls
- 1 cup seedless grapes, green
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- dark sweet cherry, with stems (to garnish)
- In bowl, stir lime juice, water and sugar until sugar dissolves. Add sliced bananas and set aside.
- In large serving bowl, preferably glass, layer blueberries (reserve 1/2 cup for garnish), nectarines, strawberries, banana, watermelon and grapes.
- Garnish with reserved 1/2 cup blueberries, the kiwi and dark black cherries.
- Pour lime-sugar syrup over fruit, cover loosely and chill before serving.
- If listed fruits are not available, substitute as desired.
What a wonderful fruit salad - I used a bit less sugar with wonderful results. We will be having this often this summer. Thanks for sharing!
I've made this twice this week. The second time I used about 1/4 cup water and preferred that. I put it in a jar with lid and shake since when I whisked it I couldn't get the sugar to dissolve. I love the tangy light flavor. Thanks Irish Rose, for posting. Roxygirl
So very good and refreshing