Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This goes great with any type of fruit pretty much and you can change the flavor just by changing the preserves! You can use raspberry, apricot, orange whatever you wish. (I prefer the strawberry though it goes with most any fruit!)
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar-free strawberry jam
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free cool whip
- Combine orange zest, juice, sour cream, and preserves. Fold in the whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. I usually make it the night before, gives all the flavors a chance to come out and sets up better.
I made this for the Comfort Cafe July 2009 - Sunshine State of Mind. So refreshing, so tasty, and so easy to make! I don't recommend using sugar-free cool whip - it wasn't fluffy enough. But this is a keeper! I also took the remaining dip and put it on a fruit salad I made - wow! My DH loved it!
Made this as indicated in the recipe & really enjoyed the combo of orange & strawberry, probably more than I'd like orange & apricot (but fully expect to try a number of different combos before the year is over)! Very nice as a dip, but also A GREAT SPREAD, TOO, especially on a toasted piece of dense, whole grain bread! [Tagged, made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block tag]