Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A refreshing medley of berry flavors with a scoop of lemon sorbet.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 firm-ripe peach (about 8 oz)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh raspberry, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons raspberry liqueur (optional) or 2 tablespoons syrup (optional)
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups lemon sorbet
- In a 2 1/2 to 3-quart pan, mix sugar and 3/4 cup water. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Peel peach; thiinly slice into boiling syrup and cook 1 minute. Add blueberies and cook 1 minute. Let cool.
- In a blender, puree half the peach-blueberry mixture (reserve remaining), half the strawberries, and half the raspberries. Return puree to pan with remaining peach-blueberry mixture and add lemon juice and liqueur. Cover and chill until cold, at least 2 hours, or up to 1 day.
- Slice remaining strawberries and add to soup with remaining raspberries. Ladle into shallow bowls; add 1 scoop sorbet to each.
Ive made this soup twice now but didnt follow the exact recipe, just kinda used it as a guideline. The first time i made it with fresh fruit and the second with frozen and they taste equally as good. Basically I dumped all the fruit in the sugar syrup mixture and then let it bubble for a few minutes and then added about a cup to a cup and a half of lemonade and another 1/4 cup sugar just too add a little more sweetness. I made this for a group of ten people and everyone LOVED it. I chopped up little pieces of apple and added that as garnish right before serving. SO GOOD! Thanks so much for the inspiration, this is totally a keeper!
Made this to serve as a great mid-day treat ~ This wonderful combo of fruit flavors was a BIG SUCCESS, especially since none of my handful of guests had every had a cold fruit soup! This is definitely a keeper of a recipe, & thank you for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the current Comfort Cafe as part of my theme, Soup's On!]