It's too hot to turn the oven or stove on. I wanted desert with fruit. I have a medley of left over fruit so I attempted a crisp on the BBQ. All the fruit are unpeeled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 pears, cored and sliced into . 5-inch pieces
- 2 plums, pitted and sliced . 5-inch
- 1 plums (I used a pluot but this web site does not recognize it) or 1 apricot (I used a pluot but this web site does not recognize it)
- 2 peaches, pitted and sliced . 5-inch
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 grapefruit, juiced (can use an orange)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1Heat grill to 350-400 degrees or there about.
- 2Mix fruit and juice with the rest of the ingredients not including items for the topping (flour, sugar, cinnamon & nutmeg).
- 3Spray 10" seasoned cast iron pan with a little oil.
- 4Pour fruit mixture into cast iron pan and set on grill. Close cover and bake for about 15 minutes.
- 5Mix all topping ingredients in bowl using your hands until crumbly.
- 6Use heavy duty or double regular foil and set inside cookie sheet with all sides raised. Spread topping mixture on foil.
- 7Set foil directly on grill. Close grill cover.
- 8Make sure the grill is on medium or low and no more than 375 degrees.
- 9Turn fruit with spatula to bring the carmelized bottom to the top. Bake another 10 minutes.
- 10Bake topping about 10 minutes (please make sure to check so bottom does not burn). If needed, turn topping so bottom don't burn.
- 11Remove topping from grill. Cool for a couple of minutes. Break topping into small pieces. Distribute topping on top of fruit.
- 12Bake another 5 minutes.
- 13Remove pan from grill and cool before serving.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Fruit Crisp Done on the BBQ Grill
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.7
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 210.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 26.8 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: