Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great picnic side dish! Very simple to make and a good alternative to the traditional slaw.
- 1 (16 ounce) bagcabbage coleslaw mix
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup grapes, halved
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- In small mixing bowl, combine mayo with whipped topping, orange peel and sugar.
- Blend well.
- In large mixing bowl, combine slaw mix with orange segments, grapes, and sunflower seeds.
- Add mayo mixture and toss to coat.
- Stir well before serving.
I used half the slaw as suggested in M. Joan's review and it was great.
I used a 16 oz. bag of coleslaw. I did not have enough dressing for the amount of coleslaw I used. Would suggest one use less coleslaw or make more dressing. The salad is sweet and a good "hot weather" recipe.