Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from Classic Canadian Cooking.
- 6 cups fresh peach slices
- 1 cup blueberries (or raspberries, or melon balls)
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon kirsch (or brandy, or rum, or port)
- 12 sprigs of fresh mint
- Place fruit in a large bowl.
- Add sugar and kirsch or other liquor.
- Gently lift the fruit with a spoon to distribute flavors.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Remove and let stand at room temperature 20 minutes.
- Poke the mint sprigs around the top.
- Serve with clotted cream, if desired.