Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Works as either a dessert or a first course.
- 500 g plums, halved and pitted
- 300 g cherries, pitted
- 300 g nectarines, halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 10 cm lemon zest
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 300 ml red wine
- 300 ml water
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- Place fruit in a saucepan with the sugar, lemon juice, zest, salt, cinnamon and cloves. Pour in wine and water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for ten minutes until the fruit is tender.
- Remove the cinnamon and cloves. Put the fruit in a blender ( remove the skins if you can, but if can't be bothered it's no big deal) and blend. Return the puree to the pan.
- Mix cornflour with 2 tbsp of the soup and then stir into the soup. Bring to the boil whilst stirring constantly.
- Allow the soup to thicken. Then chill for 2-3 hours. Serve with soured cream and mint leaves.