Recipe by Brittney_B
These deliciously fruit-filled ice-cream delights are absolutely beautiful to look at and taste! The summer fruits are perfectly complemented by the creamy strawberry ice-cream and the nougat and pistachios scattered throughout the bombes make them even more fabulous. They are perfect for serving at dinner parties when drizzled with passionfruit pulp and can also be made as a single ice-cream bombe in a 2 litre capacity bowl. Free free to mix and match with your favourite summer fruits!
- 250 g fresh strawberries, hulled
- 400 g reduced-fat sweetened condensed milk
- 60 ml Grand Marnier (or any other orange liqueur)
- 600 ml low-fat whipping cream
- 1 large mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup canned pineapple chunk, drained
- 3⁄4 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 80 g soft almond nougat, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted shelled pistachio, roughly chopped
- passion fruit pulp, to serve (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree the strawberries in a blender and transfer to a medium bowl. Beat in the Grand Marnier and condensed milk.
- Whisk the cream in a large bowl until soft peaks form and then gradually whisk in the strawberry mixture until thick.
- Gently fold in the mango, pineapple, raspberries, nougat and pistachios.
- Divide mixture in between ten 250ml capacity dariole moulds (or plastic party cups). Cover with plastic wrap so that the clingwrap comes in contact with the ice-cream to prevent a skin from forming during freezing.
- Freeze overnight or for at least 5 hours. To serve dip moulds in hot water for 5 seconds and invert onto serving plates. Drizzle with passionfruit if desired.