1/2 Photos of Summer Fruit and Nougat Ice-Cream Bombes
These deliciously fruit-filled ice-cream delights are absolutely beautiful to look at and taste! The summer fruits are perfectly complemented by the creamy strawberry ice-cream and the nougat and pistachios scattered throughout the bombes make them even more fabulous. They are perfect for serving at dinner parties when drizzled with passionfruit pulp and can also be made as a single ice-cream bombe in a 2 litre capacity bowl. Free free to mix and match with your favourite summer fruits!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g fresh strawberries, hulled
- 400 g reduced-fat sweetened condensed milk
- 60 ml Grand Marnier (or any other orange liqueur)
- 600 ml low-fat whipping cream
- 1 large mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup canned pineapple chunk, drained
- 3/4 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 80 g soft almond nougat, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted shelled pistachio, roughly chopped
- passion fruit pulp, to serve (optional)
- 1Puree the strawberries in a blender and transfer to a medium bowl. Beat in the Grand Marnier and condensed milk.
- 2Whisk the cream in a large bowl until soft peaks form and then gradually whisk in the strawberry mixture until thick.
- 3Gently fold in the mango, pineapple, raspberries, nougat and pistachios.
- 4Divide mixture in between ten 250ml capacity dariole moulds (or plastic party cups). Cover with plastic wrap so that the clingwrap comes in contact with the ice-cream to prevent a skin from forming during freezing.
- 5Freeze overnight or for at least 5 hours. To serve dip moulds in hot water for 5 seconds and invert onto serving plates. Drizzle with passionfruit if desired.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Fruit and Nougat Ice-Cream Bombes
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.3
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat sweetened condensed milk
low-fat whipping cream
soft almond nougat