Recipe by Slatts
This is my favorite fruit salad! I make it in the summer time when I walk through the market and smell the nectarines calling me. My family and freinds have enjoyed this salad on many occasions and I hope you enjoy it too! From the "Hay Day Country Market Cookbook".
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Even though Autumn is here, in my area I'm still able to pick up all this very enjoyable combo of fresh fruits, so this salad was great for prolonging the idea, at least, of Summer! Even invited a handful of neighbors over at mid-day just to enjoy it with us! A great keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
- 1 honeydew melon, cubed
- 4 nectarines, sliced
- 6 plums, assorted, sliced
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 3 limes, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and prepare fruit. Place into a large bowl. I use a really large mosaic serving platter instead of a bowl and it makes a really nice presentation.
- Whisk the honey and lime juice together and pour on the fruit. Toss to combine. Refridgerate until ready to serve but not more than 2 hours. The fruit will become mushy if left to sit to long.
- Brown coconut with in a 300 degree oven or on the stovetop in a skillet. Watch carefully and stir periodically as it can burn easily. 5 - 10 minutes.
- Toss warm coconut with sugar and then the minced crystallized ginger and lime zest once cooled.
- Sprinkle fruit with the coconut topping when ready to serve.