1/3 Photos of Summer Frittata With Fresh Herbs
I love my herb garden! This is a super quick dinner that is delicious! Serve with crusty bread and a side salad.....summer has never tasted so good! Adapted from chef Anne Quatrano of Atlanta's Bacchanalia.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 slices white bread, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped tarragon
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°.
- 2Saute garlic in olive oil over moderate heat in a small saucepan until soft and golden, 7 minutes; discard the garlic. In a heat resistant dish or pie pan, toss diced bread with 1 tablespoon of garlic oil. Bake for 6 minutes, or until crisp. Leave the oven on.
- 3Whisk eggs with Parmesan, cream, chives and tarragon in a medium sized bowl; season with salt and pepper. Whisk in 1/4 cup of the garlic oil.
- 4In a 10-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet, heat the remaining garlic oil until shimmering. If using a cast iron pan, make sure it is coated well with oil.
- 5Whisk the eggs again and add to skillet. Cook without stirring for 1 minute, until just set around the edge. Lift the edges of the fritatta with a spatula and tilt the pan so the uncooked egg can seep underneath. Continue until the eggs are mostly set, 3 minutes.
- 6Spoon the ricotta in small dollops over the frittata; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the croutons.
- 7Bake for 4 minutes, until fluffy and set. Slide onto a large plate, cut into wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Frittata With Fresh Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 599.4
- Calories from Fat 460
- Total Fat 51.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 471.5 mg
- Sodium 484.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 21.8 g