Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is wonderful. I had a recipe from a diabtetic cookbook that I added to and adapted more for my taste. It turned out very well and my family NEVER knew it was good for them!
- 6 ounces lean ham, thinly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, finely chopped (I use orange, red or yellow because I'm not fond of green)
- 1 cup corn kernel
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup yellow squash, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, finely chopped
- 2 cups egg substitute
- 4 ounces reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Combine all ingredients, except red pepper, cheese and egg substitute in a non-stick skillet which has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Lightly brown the ham, peppers, corn, onions, squash and zucchini.
- In medium bowl, combine the egg substitute (whipping well), the cheese and red pepper.
- Fold the browned mixture into the egg mixture.
- Pour into a lightly greased tart pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until lightly brown and set in the middle.
What a yummy frittata this made with lunch with a slice of buttered wholemeal/wholegrain toast. I used yellow capsicum/bell peppers as that is what I had on hand but think red would give better presentation and look more appealing. Thank you Sherrybeth, made for Adopt A Tag.