Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Finding easy and tasty side dish recipes is becoming more important to me than it used to be. I'm always on the look-out for broccoli recipes, so when I saw this one in Martha Stewart's little recipe magazine, I was thrilled & clipped it immediately. Try this with grilled steak or pork tenderloin.
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (toasted)
- Preheat oven to 450*.
- Spread florets on baking sheet, drizzle oil over and toss to spread evenly.
- Roast for 20 minutes (browned).
- Toss broccoli with remaining ingredients.
- HOW TO TOAST SESAME SEEDS: place seeds in a metal pie plate, placed in oven with broccoli OR toast in a frying pan on the stove top. Watch carefully as they can burn mighty quick and don't taste a bit good like that!
- ALTERNATIVES: Toast some slivered almonds with the sesame seeds and add 2-3 T. with the seeds. Yumm-a-licious!
Yummy! I love roasted veggies but don't think that I have roasted broccoli before. This came out so good - it will be served in my house often. Thanks for sharing Debber. Made for Chef Alphabet Soup tag.