Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have been making this recipe for many years. It was something found in a newspaper. It is quick, tasty and plentiful.
- 1 (8 ounce) package macaroni
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1⁄4 cup diced pimento
- 1 (6 ounce) canwhite tuna in water, drained & flaked
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet peas, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄3 cups mayonnaise or 1 1⁄3 cups salad dressing
- 1⁄3 cup seafood cocktail sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Cook macaroni according to package directions;.
- Rinse and drain.
- In large bowl, combine macaroni with celery, onion, pimento, tuna, peas and cheese.
- In small bowl, mix remaining ingredients until creamy;.
- Combine with salad mixture.
- Cover and chill before serving.
Unusual and flavorful. This got a mixed reception in my family. One son and I thought it was great. DH thought it was OK. DD asked for something different. I had to make a few alterations due to ingredient availability, but what makes this special is the cocktail sauce in the dressing. ANd that flavor is very tasty. As a matter of personal taste, not liking our salads as wet and many people do, I cut back on the amount of dressing used. But the proportion of cocktail sauce to mayonaise is excellent. I found myself wishing I'd bought a slightly zippier cocktail sauce, but a few drops of hot sauce took care of that.