Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you make this salad the day before, the flavours blend with each other.
- 6 medium eggs
- 750 g baby potatoes
- 200 g French beans
- 185 g tuna in water
- 50 g black olives, pitted
- 1⁄2 small red onion, very finely sliced
- 100 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 basil leaves
- 50 ml cider vinegar
- 25 ml olive oil
- 5 ml lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Boil the eggs for 5 minutes. Plunge into cold water and peel at once.
- At the same time, boil potatoes for 20 minutes. Drain and allow to cool.
- Also cook french beans in boiling water until tender, but with some bite. (Or use the microwave oven.).
- Halve the olives, slice the onion and drain the tuna chunks.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients and coat the potatoes and beans with the mixture.
- Arrange the tomatoes, olives, onion, tuna basil leaves and lastly arrange the quartered eggs.