Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is easy to make and a nice change from regular chicken salads. I am not a big curry fan, so you can use more according to taste. The currants add a nice touch. Perfect on a hot summer night with lemon sorbet frozen in whole lemon shells. Enjoy
- 4 1⁄2 cups cooked and cubed chicken (I use deli chicken that I skin and bone)
- 1⁄2 cup diced scallion
- 1 cup currants
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 -2 tablespoon curry powder (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup Major Grey chutney
- salt and pepper
- Combine mayo, curry powder, and chutney.
- Stir until smooth.
- Mix dressing with chicken, scallions, currents and almonds.
- Season to taste.
- Chill for 1 hour. Serve cold over a bed of lettuce.
Excellent idea, prepares fast, gone in a flash. Halved for 2 of us, used red onion instead of scallions, and added 1/2 red pepper and a celery stalk, diced. Skipped the lettuce bed and served with pappadams, would taste great as a wrap also. Next time! Love the currants.