Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a delicious, one-bowl dinner...perfect for summer. Prep time does not include the 1 to 24-hour marination time for the lamb.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped mixed mint or 1⁄2 cup cilantro or 1⁄2 cup parsley
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup couscous
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, zest, juice, cumin, salt and peppers. Pour half of this marinade over the lamb chunks in a sealable plastic bag. Marinate in the fridge for 1 to 24 hours.
- In a large bowl, toss tomatoes, herbs and remaining marinade. Set aside at room temperature while you prepare the couscous.
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add couscous; stir; cover and remove from heat. Let rest 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Add to tomato mix.
- Heat the grill or broiler to high. Thread lamb onto 4 skewers. Grill until just done, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Mound couscous salad into 4 shallow bowls. Top each with a skewer of lamb.