Recipe by AllergyGirl
This is ridiculously easy, tasty, and good for you. It's is a great allergy-free option for barbecues and potlucks! Use it as a side (great substitute for cole slaw), or omit the peas and use it as a chip dip for corn chips.
- 1 cup peas
- 3 cups corn
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- If using fresh corn on the cob, stem or boil corn for about 7 minutes and then cut off kernels with a very sharp knife.
- If using frozen corn and peas, thaw them out by putting them in a pot with just enough water to cover them and cook on stove until thawed.
- Combine all ingredients and adjust salt and pepper to taste.