Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
While this fine with frozen or canned corn, you will find that fresh summer corn makes this salad fantastic
- 6 ears corn, fresh summer varieties
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 small red onion
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Steam or boil corn for 5 minutes. Run cold water over the ears until cool. Using a sharp, serrated knife, cut the kernels from the cob and place in a large bowl.
- Add tomato, onion, cilantro, oil and vinegar. Toss well and add salt and pepper to taste.
We found the ingredients for this salad to be right on for our tastes. Lots of corn from our garden right now, and this was a great way to enjoy it. Thank-you Girl Friday!