Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This fresh and flavorful salad features buttery yellow corn tossed with chunks of tomato and onion with a fresh basil vinaigrette. A pretty healthy salad!
- 6 ears corn, husked and cleaned
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook corn in boiling water for 7 to 10 minutes, or until desired tenderness. Drain, cool, and cut kernels off the cob with a sharp knife.
- In a large bowl, toss together the corn, tomatoes, onion, basil, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Chill until serving.
Heaven. Thank you
Loved it, used leftover corn that I roasted on the grill and added a few peppers from the garden, love the blend of flavors!
Great salad - very fresh and colorful. I used red onion, cut back on the oil by about half, and used red wine vinegar sparingly -- just a few shakes. It made a wonderful summer lunch. Definitely a keeper.