Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Taken from a 1999 magazine - put here for safe keeping - untried by me as yet !
Make and share this Summer Corn Custard recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups corn kernels
- 1⁄2 red pepper, diced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream, light is suitable
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Sprinkle corn and red pepper into greased shallow casserole dish.
- Whisk all the other ingredients and pour over corn.
- Bake 350 degrees for 1 hour till golden and puffy.
Very good. I made the recipe as directed using fresh frozen corn. It came out with a lot of liquid in the bottom of the dish ? from using the fresh frozen corn?
Really, really good! I reduced the recipe to 2 servings and it fit perfectly in a small stoneware baker. We like things a bit spicy, so the only change I made is to sprinkle some minced jalapenos on top before baking. It was also nice and easy, but a pretty presentation - so perfect for guests! Thanks, katew!
Absolutely delicious corn custard! So easy to make & wonderfully satisfying! Made it as given, & wouldn't change a thing! Many thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday recipe tag]