Recipe by LylR
I found this in a magazine and thought it sounded so unusual and an unexpected combination so gave it a try for an upcoming get together -- everyone LOVED it at the party and I've made it again since and served to a big crowd who oohed and ahhed and asked for the recipe! Enjoy. 25 min prep; chill overnight optional
Top Review by Stir crazy
Absolutely delicious! No red onion -- used white instead. For color, might try green onions next time. Made half a batch, left in fridge overnight, and ate the entire batch at one time.
- 6 ears of fresh sweet corn, husked
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (plus additional for water)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a dutch oven bring salted water to boiling. Add corn. Cook, covered, 5 minutes, or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, cut corn from cobs. In a serving bowl combine corn, blueberries, cucumber, red onion, cilantro and jalapeno.
- For dressing, in screw-top jar combine lime juice, oil, honey, cumin and 1/2 tsp salt. Cover, shake well to combine. Add to salad and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.