Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this in a magazine and thought it sounded so unusual and an unexpected combination so gave it a try for an upcoming get together -- everyone LOVED it at the party and I've made it again since and served to a big crowd who oohed and ahhed and asked for the recipe! Enjoy. 25 min prep; chill overnight optional
- 6 ears of fresh sweet corn, husked
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (plus additional for water)
- In a dutch oven bring salted water to boiling. Add corn. Cook, covered, 5 minutes, or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, cut corn from cobs. In a serving bowl combine corn, blueberries, cucumber, red onion, cilantro and jalapeno.
- For dressing, in screw-top jar combine lime juice, oil, honey, cumin and 1/2 tsp salt. Cover, shake well to combine. Add to salad and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Absolutely delicious! No red onion -- used white instead. For color, might try green onions next time. Made half a batch, left in fridge overnight, and ate the entire batch at one time.
I saw this in a magazine also. I was going to post the recipe also but I found it here. It was such an unusual recipe I had to try it. It is absolutely delicious. The flavors all go together so well. Even my husband loved it and he usually won't even taste things like this. Luckily I beat him to the leftovers for lunch the next day. He was disappointed when it was gone. I have made it weekly since them since we have tons of fresh corn from the garden. The only change I made was to substitute zucchini ( we have tons) for the cucumber. Also several family members hate cucumbers.
I also had this recently at a barbeque and it was excellent! I made my own version and added a little fresh avocado for a creamier texture, which was a nice change, but next time I'll make it exactly as written. Thank you for posting it!