Recipe by Stacky5
Really good! Got the idea for this from Cooking Light magazine, but I tweaked it to my own taste...Very easy to make, and a very good blend of flavors!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄8 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3⁄4 cup cooked ham, diced
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (I use frozen corn, thawed, when I don't have fresh corn)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sage
- 2 (15 ounce) cans navy beans, drained
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can canned diced green chiles, undrained (optional)
- monterey jack cheese, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add onions and ham, and cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in corn and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle Monterey Jack cheese on top just before serving.