Recipe by Strawberry Girl
Summer Corn and Tomato Pasta
Top Review by Anu
Very nice recipe, although I substituted black beans with some other kind of beans (I honestly don't know which; I think it might even have been black-eyed peas!)... made it taste just a wee bit odd. Next time, if I can't find black beans (I need to know what it's called in Hindi! Help, anyone?!), I'll just make the recipe without it :)
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels or 2 cups frozen corn kernels, cooked
- 5 medium tomatoes, cut in chunks
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed, cooked, drained (can use canned, can also substitute shrimp or tuna)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh coriander (cilantro) or 1⁄2 cup basil, finely chopped (cilantro)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded minced
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces penne (or other short pasta 3 cups)
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled (5 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, stir together corn, tomatoes, beans, coriander, olive oil, garlic, jalapeno, green onions, salt and pepper.
- Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes or for up to 2 hours.
- In large pot of boiling water, cook pasta for 8 minutes or until tender but firm; drain and return to pot.
- Add tomato mixture; stir over medium heat just until heated through.
- Serve sprinkled with feta.
- Make ahead:
- To serve cold, rinse hot pasta under cold water and add to tomato mixture; cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.