Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is wonderful when corn is in season. From Martha Stewart.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup basmati rice or 1 cup long grain white rice
- 4 ears corn, kernel shaved from cobs
- 4 large shallots, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 pinch sugar
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed mint leaf, coarsely chopped
- Melt 1 T butter in a small saucepan set over medium heat. Add the rice, and stir until it is well coated. Add 2 c water, increase heat to high, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and simmer until all of the water is absorbed and the rice is tender when bitten, 18-20 minutes. Remove from heat, uncover and fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt remaining T butter. Add the corn kernels, shallots, sugar, and a pinch of each salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally to prevent burning, until corn and shallots are soft and tender about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Combine rice and corn mixture in a medium bowl. Add mint, and toss to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.