- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh corn kernels (from 3 ears of corn)
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (3/4 lb.)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the corn, potato, broth, cream, cayenne, salt, and black pepper to taste.
- Bring the soup to a boil.
- Decrease heat to a simmer and cook until the potato is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Serve in pretty shallow bowls garnished with the chives.