Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Threw this together for a 4th of July get together quick dish...very tasty and a big hit with everyone....even those opposed to avacado. Measurements are estimates...so feel free to play with according to your tastes.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (more if desired)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced fine
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (more if desired)
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together in medium sized bowl.
- Allow to chill at least one hour before serving -- toss one last time.
I really enjoyed this recipe! I used a can of Mexicorn instead of regular corn and the optional red pepper. I also used fresh cilantro. Tasted so fresh! Thanks for the great post, DogAndCatDoc!
I couldn't wait to rate this. It is wonderfull!! Great potluck dish. Left out the cilantro because I don't like it, but other than that I prepared the dish exactly. Loved it. Makes a beautiful presentation as well. I couldn't photograph it but next time I will. The colors are beautiful!