Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
A cool, refreshing summer jello salad. Chill time = 3 hours.
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sliced strawberry
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve the jello in the boiling water.
- Gradually add and stir in the half-and-half and vanilla.
- Add in the sour cream; stir to mix well (will appear curdled).
- Chill for 15-20 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Beat with an electric mixer until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the strawberries and lemon zest.
- Pour into a 9-inch pie pan and chill for 3 hours or until firm.
- Cut into wedges and serve; we top ours with cool whip and sliced strawberries.