Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from "Seriously Simple" and uses the bounty of the summer season. Cooked chicken, turkey, fish or shellfish can be added to this salad to make it a main course salad.
- 1⁄2 lb mixed salad green, finely chopped
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 ear of corn, shucked (fresh white or yellow sweet corn)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, coarsely shredded
- 1 shallot
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup arugula leaf, packed coarsely chopped
- Vinaigrette: In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, mince the shallot; add vinegar, lemon juice, and mustard and process to combine.
- With the machine running, gradually add the oil to make and emulsified sauce.
- Add the salt, pepper, and arugula.
- Pulse until well blended.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Salad: In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, vegetables, and cheese; add the vinaigrette and toss until well coated.
- Divide the salad among individual plates and serve.
- NOTE: The vinaigrette may be prepared in 1 day in advance, covered, and refrigerated. Whisk it well before using.