Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
This recipe comes from "Seriously Simple" and uses the bounty of the summer season. Cooked chicken, turkey, fish or shellfish can be added to this salad to make it a main course salad.
- 1⁄2 lb mixed salad green, finely chopped
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 ear of corn, shucked (fresh white or yellow sweet corn)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, coarsely shredded
- 1 shallot
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup arugula leaf, packed coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Vinaigrette: In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, mince the shallot; add vinegar, lemon juice, and mustard and process to combine.
- With the machine running, gradually add the oil to make and emulsified sauce.
- Add the salt, pepper, and arugula.
- Pulse until well blended.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Salad: In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, vegetables, and cheese; add the vinaigrette and toss until well coated.
- Divide the salad among individual plates and serve.
- NOTE: The vinaigrette may be prepared in 1 day in advance, covered, and refrigerated. Whisk it well before using.