"Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"'s Note:
This recipe comes from "Seriously Simple" and uses the bounty of the summer season. Cooked chicken, turkey, fish or shellfish can be added to this salad to make it a main course salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb mixed salad green, finely chopped
- 1 large ripe tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 ear of corn, shucked (fresh white or yellow sweet corn)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, coarsely shredded
- 1Vinaigrette: In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, mince the shallot; add vinegar, lemon juice, and mustard and process to combine.
- 2With the machine running, gradually add the oil to make and emulsified sauce.
- 3Add the salt, pepper, and arugula.
- 4Pulse until well blended.
- 5Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- 6Salad: In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, vegetables, and cheese; add the vinaigrette and toss until well coated.
- 7Divide the salad among individual plates and serve.
- 8NOTE: The vinaigrette may be prepared in 1 day in advance, covered, and refrigerated. Whisk it well before using.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Chopped Salad With Arugula Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.4
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 117.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens