Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Take the freshest greens, add chopped ripe tomatoes, raw sweet corn, a sprinkling of Parmesan or goat cheese and dress it with an arugula balsamic vinaigrette and you have a winner every time!
- 1 shallot
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup packed coarsely chopped arugula leaf (rocket leaves in the UK)
- 1⁄2 lb mixed salad green, finely chopped
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 ear yellow sweet corn (or white corn)
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely shredded parmesan cheese (use a shredder or swivel peeler)
- Peel the shallot and mince in a food processor using the metal blade. Add the vinegar, lemon juice and mustard and process to combine. With the machine running gradually add the oil to emulsify. Add the salt, pepper and arugula (rocket) and pulse to blend well. Taste and adjust seasonings if required.
- In a large salad bowl, combine all salad ingredients and the cheese. (shuck the corn and cut the kernels off) Add the vinaigrette and toss until well coated. Divide the salad amongst individual plates and serve.
- You may make the dressing up to 1 day in advance. Just whisk well before using.
- The salad can be prepared 2 hours ahead and refrigerated. Dress just before serving. You may use 1/4 cup crumbled Goat's cheese instead of the Parmesan if you wish.
I made this for the My Three Chefs game. This is fantastic! Very easy to put together, and it tastes like summer! The dressing doesn't congeal when you refrigerate it, like most olive oil dressings do. I was going to bring the leftovers for work today, but there weren't any! I'll make this again for sure. Thanks!