Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 teaspoons brine (RESERVED)
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Heat olive oil in a heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken breast halves with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook until golden brown about 5 minutes per side.
- Add chopped shallot to same skillet; saute 30 seconds.
- Stir in tomatoes, white wine, capers, and caper brine.
- Boil until tomatoes release juices about 4 minutes.
- Stir in chopped basil.
- Return chicken to skillet and cook until warmed through.
- Spoon sauce over chicken.
Super sauce. Try the sauce on fish.
Very good. I made a half recipe and used 1 tbsp fresh basil and 1 tsp dried basil because I didn't have enough left. I also used white onion instead of shallots.A sprinkle of feta on top brings out the flavors! Thanks!
What a fabulous dish! This one is worth many more than 5 stars. It is quick and easy as well as full of flavor ... and quite healthy, toboot. My only regret is that I only tried it at the end of the summer when the garden is about done. I don't think it would be as good with dried basil, but maybe.