Recipe by Chef Glaucia
These are wonderful sandwiches that you can have in your fridge. They are healthy, delicious and satisfying! My family just L-O-V-E them for picnics!
Top Review by Marz
Wow, I didn't even know chicken in a can would taste so yummy. Instead of raisins I added chopped grapes (only thing I had on hand)and it gave the spread a nice sweet twist. Also, loved the shredded cheese and the low fat mayo, didn't even know the difference from the real thing! Thanks for sharing Glaucia!
- 2 (12 1/2 ounce) cans chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 cups pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 16 slices whole wheat bread
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix chicken, mayonnaise, cheese, finely shredded carrots and raisins until well combined.
- Spread the mixture in 8 slices of bread.
- Top the sandwiches with the 8 remaining slices of bread.
- Wrap each sandwich in aluminum foil and keep them refrigerated for up to one week.