Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
What a wonderful main dish salad! Got this from another little league mom and now that my sons are grown they still request the recipe. Buy cooked chicken to make it easier or cook your own. Now matter what, you'll get requests.
- 4 cups cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cooked rice or 4 cups orzo pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups red seedless grapes
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄2-1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 -2 cantaloupe
- Cook rice or pasta according to package directions. Set aside. Cook chicken, cool, chop and set aside.
- Combine vinegar, oil, orange juice and salt in a medium bowl. Add chicken, let marinate 30 minutes. Do not drain.
- Add rice or pasta, grapes, and pineapple to the marinated, undrained chicken. Add mayonnaise, 1/2 cup at a time, until everything is lightly coated. Gently fold in mandarine oranges. Chill.
- Peel and seed cantaloupe. Cut into 1 inch rings. Lay cantaloupe ring on lettuce lined plate. Fill with chicken salad and serve.
I thought I rated this before but I don't see it. This is a great recipe. I added 2 tablespoons of sugar to the dressing and a handful of chopped pecans to the finished salad. Just delicious. Thanks for posting it!