Recipe by Dee514
An easy and refreshing chicken salad for lunch or a light supper on a hot summer's day. A totally "no cook" meal if you use left over chicken breasts. Please note: Oceanspray no longer makes their Cranberry Orange relish. I now use a 1/2 to 1 can of whole cranberry sauce and the grated zest of 1 (medium-large) orange mixed into the yogurt for the dressing. Please adjust the amount of cranberry sauce and orange zest to your taste.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked, cubed and chilled
- 3 cups fresh pineapple, cut into chunks, chilled and drained (or 1 large can of chilled pineapple chunks-well drained)
- 3 large ripe peaches, chopped into chunks and chilled
- 2 -4 cups seedless grapes, cut into halves
- 1⁄2-1 cup flaked or shredded unsweetened coconut (optional)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup almonds or 1 cup pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) containerchilled cranberry-orange relish (or sauce, to taste)
- 1 (8 ounce) containercold vanilla yogurt
- 8 -12 crisp chilled lettuce leaves, washed and dried
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix cranberry-orange relish and yogurt together.
- In a large bowl, mix cubed chicken, all fruits, coconut and nuts together.
- Pour cran-orange/yogurt mixture over all.
- Gently toss to mix well.
- Spoon onto a bed of chilled, crisp lettuce leaves.