Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
One-pot suppers aren't just for the colder months. This light, fresh stew just needs crusty bread to mop up the juices.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, seasoned
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and diced
- 12 new potatoes, halved
- 2⁄3 cup white wine
- 7⁄8 cup chicken stock
- 1 ounce basil, leaves only
- Heat the oil in a large, flameproof casserole dish. Dust the chicken thighs with the seasoned flour and add to the casserole. Cook over a high heat, turning once, until golden all over.
- Add the peppers and potatoes to the casserole and cook for 3 minutes Pour in the white wine and chicken stock and season with salt and pepper. Cover the casserole and simmer for 20-25 mins or until the chicken is cooked through. Stir in the basil and cook for another 5 minutes Serve with some crusty bread.