Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Light, different chicken especially good with fresh-from-the-garden veggies.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups summer squash
- 2 cups zucchini
- 2 red bell peppers (for color)
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper or 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- I prefer using a wok to make this, but a cast-iron skillet works just as well.
- Prepare everything as follows:- cut chicken into 1/2" cubes- slice or cube squash, zucchini, and the peppers- slice each tomato into 8 wedges Pour oil into wok and stirfry veggies just until tender (about 10 minutes), set aside.
- Stirfry chicken until thoroughly cooked (15-20 minutes).
- Add vegetables and seasoning, stirfry for another 5 minutes.
- For regular chicken use black pepper, to kick it up a notch use the cayenne pepper.
- Spoon onto serving dishes and sprinkle with freshly shredded parmesean cheese.
- NOTE: I've also made this with turkey breasts and it comes out just as well.