Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this recipe in TOH, and it sounds YUMMY!!
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons orange flavored yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 3⁄4 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- 4 -6 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares (1 oz each)
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- fresh mixed berry (to garnish)
- Line an 8 inch square baking dish with foil and grease the foil, set aside. In a large bowl, combine butter,sugar,yougurt,egg,orange peel and vanilla until blended. Combine flour and cocoa;stir into sugar mixture. Add chocolate chips.
- Spread in prepared dish. Bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool on a wire rack.
- Spread the ice cream over cake. Cover and freeze for 3 hours or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and shortening;stir until smooth. Using foil,lift dessert out of dish;gently peel off foil. Cut into squares. Garnish with berries and drizzle with chocolate.