Recipe by Cocoa
These are great for lunch, camping or picnics. I really don't remember where I found this recipe. It might have been in a newspaper and thought it looked like a great snack to try.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (cranberries are great too!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat margarine on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add 1/2 cup brown sugar, beat until fluffy.
- Stir in oats, flour, and wheat germ.
- Press into an ungreased 9x9x2 baking pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Stir eggs, 1/4 cup sugar, almonds, coconut and raisins.
- Pour over oat mixture in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Score bars while warm.
- Cut into bars.