Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I used to work in the kitchen of a summer camp back in the day and we would always make this recipe for the kids at snack time and set some out for breakfast. During the breakfast hours I would see some kids pour milk over it and have it as a kind of makeshift cereal. Of course we would make this in tremendous quantities so I've had to do some math and lessen the ingredient amounts needed. So just a quick tip: if you decide to double this recipe, please use 3 large eggs instead of 4 small eggs. Also keep an eye on the oats as they're cooking, as all ovens are different, so they don't burn.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, and honey until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs & vanilla
- Add oats and mix until well combined.
- Spread mixture thin onto lightly greased cookie sheet(s).
- Bake 15 minutes and then ,with a spatula, turn the oats a little so the bottom does not burn.
- Bake another 10-15 minutes or until oats are golden brown.
- Let oats cool at least 1 hour and then break into desired chunk sizes.
- Add desired amount of mix-ins and blend.