Recipe by YoungCake
Frozen treat that could be described as a combination of cheesecake, brownies, and a popsicle. Great on a hot day! I came up with it during the spring a couple years ago on a hot day. I was fooling around with chocolate because my whole family are big fans, and after a while messing around, this is what came out :). The way below is just a guideline, and how my family and I prefer it. Please experiment and tweak this recipe to your own tastes, it is very flexible!
Top Review by Proud Veteran's wife
Very tasty! This is a very rich dessert but it's very good! My husband and kids really enjoyed this! I used the hot chocolate powder (generic brand). I think next time I will try this with mint oreo cookies! This is one we would make again! Thanks so much for posting! Made for Spring PAC 2009
- 16 Oreo cookies
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream or 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 4 ounces chocolate pudding (I use Jello or Swiss Miss pudding packs, they happen to be 4 oz.)
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 (1/2 ounce) packets hot chocolate powder (I use Swiss Miss) or 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Crust: Crush Oreos until either crumbly, or powdery, depending on how you like your crust.
- Once the Oreos are to a consistency to your liking, mix in the cream or buttermilk, and mix thoroughly. I advise against using a beater or electric mixer as this may result in a crust more firm than desired.
- Spread along inside of glass or aluminum bread pan. I personally use a glassware bread pan, as it fits well and is easy to serve.
- Filling: Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Here using an electric mixer or beater is okay, and may give you a lighter result depending on your personal preference.
- Final touches: Pour the filling into the crust, either in it, like a pie, or on top, if you want a two layer, brownie style result.
- If you want to make it into a pie, double the crust, triple the filling, and use a standard pie tin.
- After it has set flat, put it in the freezer for at least 1-2 hours.
- Enjoy frozen or let it defrost slightly when you take it out!