Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Had this at a cousins baby shower,had to get the recipe from my Aunt. Great for BBQ's & potlucks too! My sister doubles the dressing.
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup sugar (to your taste)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip or 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, fried & chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 small broccoli, heads raw cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 onion, chopped (red or white)
- In small mixing bowl combine sugar,vinegar & miracle whip,stir well.
- (depending on the size or amount of your broccoli you can double the dressing).
- In large mixing bowl combine bacon,cheese, broccoli,and onion.
- Pour first mixture over second and stir until coated.
- This gets better the longer it sits.
- You may double the dressing and use to your taste.
Yum, I loved this salad! I used less dressing than called for though (about half as much), and it was more than enough I thought. The bacon and shredded cheese pairs perfectly with the sweet dressing. I don't usually like American creamy salads like this one, but this recipe won me over.
Yum! Even my husband liked it...that's asking alot since he's usually not a fan of any creamy type salads. Definitely will make it again!