Had this at a cousins baby shower,had to get the recipe from my Aunt. Great for BBQ's & potlucks too! My sister doubles the dressing.
- In small mixing bowl combine sugar,vinegar & miracle whip,stir well.
- (depending on the size or amount of your broccoli you can double the dressing).
- In large mixing bowl combine bacon,cheese, broccoli,and onion.
- Pour first mixture over second and stir until coated.
- This gets better the longer it sits.
- You may double the dressing and use to your taste.
Yum, I loved this salad! I used less dressing than called for though (about half as much), and it was more than enough I thought. The bacon and shredded cheese pairs perfectly with the sweet dressing. I don't usually like American creamy salads like this one, but this recipe won me over.
Yum! Even my husband liked it...that's asking alot since he's usually not a fan of any creamy type salads. Definitely will make it again!
I remember my mother making this recipe when I was kid. With the farmer's markets bursting with broccoli this is the only way that my kids currently want to eat it! Thanks for the stroll down memory lane and this time I can walk it with my kids enjoy every crunch of the fresh broccoli!