Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great salad recipe given to me by a kindly neighbor. Cooking time includes refrigeration.
- 1 head broccoli, roughly chopped
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1⁄4 red onion, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly milled
- Blend the dressing ingredients and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before using.
- Toss the salad ingredients and top individual servings with the dressing.
- NOTE: I like to chill my salad prior to serving.