Bits and pieces of fresh fruit in the fridge make a great refreshing breakfast in salad form; serve with toasted cheese loaf or muffins.
- 2 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced (canned with juice if fresh not available)
- 1 large apple, peeled and large diced
- 1 large pear, peeled and large diced
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cantaloupe, cubed
- 2 cups watermelon, cubed
- 1 banana, sliced in rings
- 1 cup walnuts, rough chopped (or whole)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, fresh ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Carefully combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate at least one hour.
Thanks so much for this lovely fruit salad Derf, my fruit-loving DH enjoyed this, I did omit the black pepper though, thanks for sharing!...Kitten:)