Prep 12 mins
Cook 30 mins
I needed a quick dip to make the other night, and found this recipe from Heinz. This tasted so much like a dip I buy at the deli, and yet for something that is so simple this dip is so expensive to buy......so why pay top price and buy a dip when something is so very easy to make and tastes great, if not better than bought ones! Serve with your favourite water cracker or bread. Cooking time is the time for refigeration time.
- 1⁄4 cup cashew nuts, dry roasted
- 125 g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 225 g beetroots, canned sliced and drained
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon coriander, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme leaves, finely chopped
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley, finely chopped
- Process cashews in a food processor until finely ground. Add the beetroot and process until pureed.
- Add the cream cheese and parmesan cheese, continue to process until the mixture is quite smooth and blended.
- Fold in the chopped coriander and season to taste with freshly ground pepper and salt.
- Garnish with finely chopped parsley.
- Place dip in refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve dip on platter with bread, biscuits, water crackers, turkish bread or.
- your preference.
Mmmmmm, what a creamy delight of a dip!!!! I luved this soooooo much! It has a wonderful sweetish earthy flavour and such a lovely texture! I included the optional thyme, but had to leave out the parsley and coriander as when I went about making this, I discovered that my herbs had gone moldy. Oh no! But the dip tastes fantastic as is and also looked very pretty! THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this awesome dip recipe with us, Tisme! I cant wait to bring this to the next party Im invited to. Im sure it will get rave reviews. Made and reviewed for Make My Recipe Edn #11 May 2010.