Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe last summer from the berry farm where we pick blueberries.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream, divided
- 1 angel food cake, cut into 1 inch pieces (10-inch)
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar.
- Add in the condensed milk, vanilla, and dry pudding mix; beat well.
- Fold in 1 1/2 cups sweetened whipped cream.
- Layer half of the cake pieces in the bottom of a big trifle bowl.
- Top with a layer of cream mixture, then layer with half the blueberries.
- Repeat layers; spread remaining whipped cream over the top; serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
This was a really good quick trifle. The angel food cake and the vanilla mixture were nice with the blueberries for a cool dessert in the hot summer. I only gave it four stars for two reasons. One, the vanilla cream mixture is very thick, I had to stir the whipped cream in and it was still so thick I couldn't spread it over the angel food cake pieces without taking most of the cake along with it. It was also a little too heavy for the lightness of the cake itself. Making it again... I would add enough whipped cream to make it spreadable. Definately more than 1 1/2 cups.
The first time that I made this (my nephews graduation party), the blueberries were also too expensive here so I used fresh blackberries and strawberries. This was such a hit and I am glad that I made (10) copies of the recipe and gave out all ten and a couple more had to write it down!!!!! The next time I made this, I amde with the blueberries and it was phenominal. However, I made it with fat free cream cheese, lite cool whip and fat free sweetened condensed milk (in a greenish can)and I couldn't tell the difference nor could anyone else!!! It helps to cut down on any calories/fat that we can, so we can eat more of it!! It is very rich, but it didn't stop anyone from over eating it! Thanks NurseDi
This is the easiest and best tasting trifle ever! Since blueberries are not in season here and are still a little expensive I decided to make a strawberry/banana trifle. This is to die for and makes a beautiful presentation. Take heed... this is VERY RICH. Make sure you press the cake down a little with your hands because the trifle bowl will really fill up quickly.