Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I got this recipe last summer from the berry farm where we pick blueberries.
Top Review by Narshmellow
This was a really good quick trifle. The angel food cake and the vanilla mixture were nice with the blueberries for a cool dessert in the hot summer. I only gave it four stars for two reasons. One, the vanilla cream mixture is very thick, I had to stir the whipped cream in and it was still so thick I couldn't spread it over the angel food cake pieces without taking most of the cake along with it. It was also a little too heavy for the lightness of the cake itself. Making it again... I would add enough whipped cream to make it spreadable. Definately more than 1 1/2 cups.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream, divided
- 1 angel food cake, cut into 1 inch pieces (10-inch)
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar.
- Add in the condensed milk, vanilla, and dry pudding mix; beat well.
- Fold in 1 1/2 cups sweetened whipped cream.
- Layer half of the cake pieces in the bottom of a big trifle bowl.
- Top with a layer of cream mixture, then layer with half the blueberries.
- Repeat layers; spread remaining whipped cream over the top; serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers.