Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a good appetizer for the summer or even for a summertime party.
- 1⁄2 cup cooked crumbled bacon or 1 (3 ounce) can bacon bits
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped (1 cup)
- lettuce leaf
- minced fresh parsley (, If desired)
- Reserve 1 tsp of bacon for garnish if desired.
- Combine remaining bacon, sour cream, mayonnaise and plum tomatoes in medium bowl, stirring until blended.
- Cover; refrigerate 1 hour to blend flavors.
- (May be prepared up to 3 hours in advance.) To serve, spoon into small bowl or hollowed out tomato.
- Place on lettuce leaves on serving plate surrounded by crackers.
- Sprinkle reserved bacon and parsley over spread.