Recipe by Lainey6605
This recipe has been created for RSC#10. One of my favorite things to eat in the summertime are salads. I hope you enjoy this relatively quick and easy salad which would be delicious with fresh homegrown vegetables.
Top Review by threeovens
Very good salad if you are looking for something a little out of the ordinary. I like a salad with a lot of veggies. I just didn't really care for the maple syrup flavor, maybe next time I'll try something else. But wilted salads are sexy. Thanks for posting.
- 4 slices bacon, each cut in half
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, very finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (9 ounce) bag romaine lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 3⁄4 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup carrot (shredded or thinly sliced)
- 2 cups rotisserie cooked chicken (skinless and shredded)
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat 5-6 minutes or until browned.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain.
- Save 2 T bacon drippings from saucepan.
- With a wire whisk, add balsamic vinegar, Dijon, maple syrup, oil, onions, garlic, salt and pepper to drippings in saucepan and heat to boiling over medium heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Place romaine in large salad bowl.
- Add tomatoes and carrots.
- Pour hot dressing over romaine, tossing lightly until coated.
- Add chicken and toss until well mixed.
- Crumble bacon and sprinkle over salad.
- Sprinkle pecans over salad.