This recipe has been created for RSC#10. One of my favorite things to eat in the summertime are salads. I hope you enjoy this relatively quick and easy salad which would be delicious with fresh homegrown vegetables.
- 4 slices bacon, each cut in half
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, very finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (9 ounce) bag romaine lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 3⁄4 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup carrot (shredded or thinly sliced)
- 2 cups rotisserie cooked chicken (skinless and shredded)
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
- In saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat 5-6 minutes or until browned.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain.
- Save 2 T bacon drippings from saucepan.
- With a wire whisk, add balsamic vinegar, Dijon, maple syrup, oil, onions, garlic, salt and pepper to drippings in saucepan and heat to boiling over medium heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Place romaine in large salad bowl.
- Add tomatoes and carrots.
- Pour hot dressing over romaine, tossing lightly until coated.
- Add chicken and toss until well mixed.
- Crumble bacon and sprinkle over salad.
- Sprinkle pecans over salad.
Very good salad if you are looking for something a little out of the ordinary. I like a salad with a lot of veggies. I just didn't really care for the maple syrup flavor, maybe next time I'll try something else. But wilted salads are sexy. Thanks for posting.
Made for Gimme 5. Oh Lainey...this is delicious! *happy sigh* I adore balsamic vinegar and honestly...anything with bacon HAS to be yummy! A wonderful flavourful salad that is made simple and quick by using a store-bought rotisserie chicken!
Delicious! I used pasta instead of lettuce (since it had spoiled, and I was looking forward to the salad.) ZWT4 Flying Duchess'