Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I noticed there are SEVERAL blackberry cobbler recipes posted on Zaar, but I checked every single one of them and none of them call for coconut and pecans on the topping. Trust me, this is SO GOOD!
- 8 cups fresh blackberries or 8 cups frozen blackberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dry tapioca
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Toss berries with sugar, tapioca, lime juice, and salt in a bowl. Spoon into a 2-qt. baking dish.
- Combine flour, coconut, sugar, pecans, baking powder, and salt in a second bowl. Using your fingertips, knead in the butter until incorporated. Mixture should look like coarse sand.
- Blend in the egg, then arrange topping over the berries in clumps, covering them evenly.
- Bake the cobbler for 45-50 minutes, or until topping is golden and crisp, and filling is thick and bubbly.
- Cool on a rack for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with crème anglaise. Recipe #53511.
Easy to make, and the topping is really great! I used unsweetened coconut, which we were very happy with.
We really liked your take on blackberry cobbler. Trying a coconut top was a challenge, but it turned out great. Thanks for turning us on to a new and yummy take on blackberry cobbler. made for the newest tag game.